Registration information for preschool 2017-2018
Preschool registration for the 2017-18 school year is available online. We offer free preschool program for four year olds who qualify. School begins in September.
- Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP): This is the FREE state funded preschool program for four year old children who meet the criteria. GSRP preschool is designed to meet needs based on results compiled from preschool screening, parent interview, and student observation. Students meet Monday – Thursday from 8:30 – 11:30 am or 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Early Childhood Special Education program (ECSE): This program is designed to meet the needs of a special group of three to five year olds residing in our district. It provides a variety of developmentally appropriate activities to meet each child’s individual needs. In addition, support services are provided by both the Fitzgerald and MISD ancillary, and other related service staff. Transportation is provided. Students meet Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 11:38 am or 12:33 am – 3:51 pm.
- Play and Learn Program: This is a fun learning, filled program for parent and toddlers from 18 months – 35 months. Parent/guardian attend with the toddler, joining in the playful learning experiences. Participate in discovery, creative projects, group music and movement, literacy and sensory motor activities; connect and develop friendships with other community families, and discuss helpful parenting skills. Parents and children meet Friday mornings from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. Sessions are held at the Schofield Early Childhood Center. Play and Learn is sponsored by the Social Innovation Fund – United Way and Macomb Family Services. Call 586-256-6109 for additional information.
If interested in having your child attend one of our programs, registration is available online. Eligibility for your child to attend our free program/s will be determined once ALL completed paperwork is turned into our office and a parent interview is conducted. (See link below for required paperwork.)
Theresa Swalec, Principal
Schofield Early Childhood Center
Warren, MI 48091
586.757.3343 – Office
586.620.5946 – Fax
- ECC H1N1 Vaccination Packet
- FPS Parent Resource Center
- Health Appraisal Form
- MI Learning Expectations
- Creative Curriculum Objectives For Development And Learning
- Early Childhood Brochure
- Ready, Set, Grow! Ready Children - Ready Communities
- SAC Handbook
- SAC Registration Packet 16-17
- ECC Cultural Day 2016
- Cultural Day @ ECC-Bengali